Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Android HTC One X
My Carrier: Cellcom
Accepted Solution

Adding JAD to Eclipse project - how?

I'm developing for the BB 9000 (bold). I have the eJDE 1.0.0.67 installed with the 4.6.0.19 OS pack and the 9000 simulator.

I'm working in a BB workspace (as far as I know, the "Activate for BlackBerry" option is checked in the project menu).

Eclipse keeps overwriting my JAD file when I'm debugging the application. Since I have custom properties in that JAD, so I need it to be used Eclipse while building the project.

Everywhere around the forum I hear that I need to add the JAD to the project. How do I do it? 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Developer

Re: Adding JAD to Eclipse project - how?

Thanks for the reply.

I went over both the threads before opening this one. The first doesn't state how to add the file, and the seconds sends me to "Add to project" in the workspace project context menu. I do not have this option (Eclipse 3.4.2).

Maybe the solution lies within the BlackBerry file properties menu?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

To import your JAD file right click on the source folder of your project and choose Import.  Expand General, choose file system and then follow the prompts through to select your JAD file.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

MSohm - this method does not allow me to selectively add single files.

I did however mark both the checkboxes (do not build and file is generated) in the BlackBerry File Properties menu (right click on the JAD -> Properties). Even though I have no idea what do those checkboxes stand for, this seems to allow the app to read from the JAD. Is this a valid solution, or am I causing trouble elsewhere?

Developer

Looks like my method did the trick.