Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Adding text (Labelfield?) to Home Screen Status Area

Hello, is it possible to programmatically add (and update) a small text field on the home screen status area (battery, signal strength area etc..). I can see using a labelfield but get the feeling that any access to the status area is possibly restricted.

I've been using the ApplicationIndicator class to add an icon & numerical value but I'm restricted to 2 digits, I need 3 digits and text would be a major bonus.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Developer

Re: Adding text (Labelfield?) to Home Screen Status Area

If the device has the space for your application indictor it can display 3 difits too. Regarding displaying text, I dn't knw how it fits your requirement, if it is possible to create a image with the text you would like to display in the allowed icon size.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

Thanks, I'm using the Bold simulator right now (waiting on keys) and when I go higher than 98 it shows +99. I'm hoping that the actual phone with show 3 digits. I'm using the Icon to show a status image and I hope to not have to use it as a way to higher numbers via a stack of custom images.

Does anybody know if it will show 3 digits on a Bold with default theme/layout?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Digicel

How did you do it?

You would be meaningless.