Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App Freezes on Device and stays frozen after restart

I have an application that I have deen developing for a while, and once I loaded the application onto my Blackberry Storm, and it freezes during a modal screen containing a progressbar. It is completely frozen. It used to be that if my application would freeze, I could restart the phone and it would start from the beginning, but now, If I do a battery pull, the application remains in this state. It does not freeze on the simulator at all, and does not even throw any errors. I have not been able to track any changes in the code that would account for what is happening. It is a huge blocker at this stage, because I am beginning GPS and Map development, and the simulator is throwing all kinds of null pointers when using BBMaps.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App Freezes on Device and stays frozen after restart

How are you restarting the BlackBerry Smartphone?  Are you pulling the battery?  Have you tried holding the menu key to task switch out of your application?  If so, does it work?

Have you tried connecting the BlackBerry Smartphone to the debugger to see what is happening when it hangs?

The NullPointerException in the simulator when using BlackBerry Maps is a known issue.  We don't have a workaround for the affected versions.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker