Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

App Idea - Does anyone want to help?

I have an idea for an app, but I am unable to code it myself, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to help out.

The idea is for an app that will allow you to add notes to an email, much like you can do with a phone call. I get forwarded emails all the time with a name of someone else to email, and some notes about them. When i compose an email to that person, I have to go back to the original forwarded email to remind myself of the notes-it's a huge hassle! As well, people will email me and then I will speak to them on the phone regarding the email subject, and I want to reference the email with the notes, but there is no simple way to do it! I've looked for apps like this, but none exist.

I was thinking that it would run like this:

1. You open an email that you received or that you sent

2. You click the menu button and there is a new button entitled "Notes"

3. When you click that button it opens a new memopad

(^I was able to get as far as this, but no further)

4. The memopad title would automatically be generated to be: (subject of email)+mm/dd/yy+hh:mm:ss

5. You enter in whatever notes you would like to add to the email and save the memo

6. When you go back to the email and click menu>notes, it checks to see that you have already made notes on this email and opens up the saved memo

If there is a simpler way to accomplish this, by all means! I just thought that it would be simpler to use the already present memopad app than to create a brand new one in the process.

If anyone is interested in working on this, please message me!

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: App Idea - Does anyone want to help?

In developement Smiley Happy ... look for it in app world soon!