Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App World 1.1.0.11 breaks message list integration APIs?

App World 1.1.0.11 seems to break a number of the message list integration APIs. This is very easy to reproduce. The following runs fine on a 4.6+ device that does not have AW. Install AW and it throws a MissingResourceException. Uninstall AW and it starts working again.

import net.rim.device.api.system.Application; import net.rim.blackberry.api.messagelist.ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry; class MessageListIssueTester extends Application { public static void main(String[] args) { ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry.getInstance().setRootFolderName("Foo"); } }

N.B. the ApplicationMessageFolderRegistry.registerFolder() method also fails with the same exception but the above is sufficient to reproduce the problem. My application could work without changing the root folder name but absolutely must register new folders.

Can somebody in RIM confirm that this is an issue with App World 1.1.0.11?

If so, can you suggest a workaround or give an indication as to when this might be fixed?

New Developer

Re: App World 1.1.0.11 breaks message list integration APIs?

Same issue!

Waiting for RIM oficial reply
New Developer

Have you noticed any other APIs misbehaving?
New Developer

As for us - not yet.
Highlighted
New Developer

Seriously RIM, how long does it take to build and run a one line application? Everyone knows the importance of a thriving 3rd party app market and Mike K says that good developer relations are a vital part of achieving this. Failure to catch a big bug like this in regression testing is difficult to understand but forgiveable. Failure to put your hand up and admit that this is the case is not.
New Developer

I see App World 1.1.0.15 has been released with the message list integration APIs still broken.

Retired

Just a quick update for the community - we are actively researching this issue to understand the root cause and will update the community shortly.  In the future, feel free to report bugs via the Issue Tracker (www.blackberry.com/developers/issuetracker) which is specifically set up to manage bugs and feature requests from the community.

I have already created an issue for this item and you can watch it here.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations