Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Reply
Developer
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-26-2009
My Device: Not Specified

App not loading in simulator

Hi guys,

 

I have an issue where my application doesn't load into the simulator. I can't seem to find the issue. Is there a maximum size a project can be? or a maximum number of classes? Cause if I load a older version it seems to load onto it. Any ideas?

Developer
Posts: 1,055
Registered: ‎01-25-2009
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: App not loading in simulator

Are you using Eclipse or JDE? which version of JDE? or Eclipse 1.0 or 1.1?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-26-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App not loading in simulator

Eclipse Version: 3.4.1.  I don't know how to check the plug-in version. It loads up other applications, so I guess it's somethig to do with my current project but I can't find any errors on it. Running on JDE 4.6.1

Developer
Posts: 1,055
Registered: ‎01-25-2009
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: App not loading in simulator

[ Edited ]

If you are using Eclipse 3.4.1, that means you should be using version 1.0 of the Eclipse plugin. Make sure there are no errors in your application then clean your workspace (Project > Clean...).

 

After cleaning your workspace try again. If this still doesn't work, try navigating your eclipse folder until you find the simulator folder you are running (ECLIPSE_DIR/plugins/net.rim.eide.componentpack.JDE_VERSION/components/simulator).

 

In that folder, run clean.bat and try building again and see if it appears. This seems to be a recurring issue and no one knows how to generate it nor the best means to work around it. I found that these steps help but are not guaranteed.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-26-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App not loading in simulator

Nope that didn't work Smiley Sad will mess around more and see if I can figure out why. Thank you very much

Developer
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎01-22-2010
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Globe

Re: App not loading in simulator

I also have this same problem with a Storm 9550 simulator. What i do is, after the simulator loads during debugging I manually load the .cod file. Somehow this works for me and I am able to debug my project with this method.

 

To do this:

Click debug in Eclipse. After the simulator loads, click File->load Java Program->then look for the .cod file of your project.

 

Also if you have different OS component packages installed in your eclipse you might want to check if your building on the right API package. You can check this by doing a right click on your project, click properties. Click Java Build Path from the left tree. Click Libraries tab. Expand NET_RIM_BLACKBERRY

 

you will then see the location of the net_rim_api.jar you're building on.

 

hope this helps

Developer
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-26-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App not loading in simulator

[ Edited ]

I found the problem but it really makes no sense whatsoever, so I best not try to explain it. But I'll try, it was a problem with my code,  I created a new object of a class and then tried to assign it to a vector, it was in a recursive function. My best guess is that my recursive function was the problem and because of that it wouldn't load the app into the simulator.

 

 

EDIT - Correction, it was a problem with the number of classes. Smiley Frustrated I deleted 2 unused classes, and it worked perfectly.