Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App runs on (generic) 8900 simulator but *HANGS* (target) 9000-ATT simulators?

After upgrading to eclipse 3.5.2, using JRE4.6.1, I get what is described in the subject line. Just curious if there is anything obvious thing to check before I start debugging. This seems like a problem I should not be able to create, but what do I know? :-)

Developer

Re: App runs on (generic) 8900 simulator but *HANGS* (target) 9000-ATT simulators?

9000 originally released with 4.6, not 4.6.1 (which was first released with 8900).  So one option is that you are developing using a level of OS that is greater than the OS installed on the device/Simulator you are running it on which is not supported.

Might this explain your problem?  If so, swap to the 4.6.0 level, assuming there is on for Eclipse (sorry, still using JDE, so don't know).  . 

New Developer

Re: App runs on (generic) 8900 simulator but *HANGS* (target) 9000-ATT simulators?

Thanks, Peter After checking the device OS release number and the 4.6.x simulator for compatibility, I discovered that indeed there was a mismatch. I tried to remedy the situation through reconfiguration, but to no avail. I then tried reinstalling Eclipse 1.1.2 (full install) and installed the simulator for Blackberry-SDK-9000. Same result. It occurred to me that I had installed over the previous version, so I meticulously made sure that I removed any references to Eclipse from my 32-bit WinXP system (which worked fine and dandy before "upgrading" from Eclipse 3.4.2 to 3.5.2). I then d/led 3.5.2 from the Eclipse website, installed componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.23 from BB plugins update site. My understanding is that this component pack has a default simpackage that should work with the Bold9000. When I start the simulator, I get the following msg: Packaging project JSR-GAME C:\eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-win32\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.23\components\bin\rapc.exe -quiet codename=deliverables\Standard\4.6.0\JSR-GAME deliverables\Standard\4.6.0\JSR-GAME.rapc -import=C:\eclipse-SDK-3.5.2-win32\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.23\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar C:\Documents and Settings\Roy\workspace\JSR-GAME\bin Warning!: No entry points found Warning!: No definition found for exported static routine: .main(String[]) Packaging project JSR-GAME succeeded (took 1.047 seconds) The simulator window opens (showing Blackberry 9000 Simulator) and then hangs. The cod and other files appear in the tree. BTW, the code worked fine with the 8900 Simulator before I tried to "fix" the situation and use a 9000 simulator. Troubleshooting suggestions welcome.
New Developer

I guess I need to use RTF to avoid the loss of indentation, etc. Sorry.