Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App signed, but still warning popup "it does not contain a signature. It not be from a trusted source"

Hello,

I obtained the signing keys from RIM and signed my application.

When I run my application on a device with OS 4.6.1 it works properly. But on OS 5.0 on the same device, I have a warning popup appears 3 times : "The application has attempted to modify your user data. But it does not contain a signature. It not be from a trusted source. would you like to allow this".

I click "yes" and my app works fine.

Is there any difference of permissions management between 4.6.1 and 5.0 ?

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App signed, but still warning popup "it does not contain a signature. It not be from a trusted source"

How was the application installed?  If it was installed OTA using the browser, refer to this link.

Warning: This application does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Warning-This-application-does-not-cont...

There could also be differences in the application control settings between the BlackBerry Smartphones.  The prompt you describe can be controlled via application control settings.  To view/modify them, go to Options, Applications select your application and choose Edit Permissions from the menu.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: N/A

Re: App signed, but still warning popup "it does not contain a signature. It not be from a trusted source"

Hello Mark,
Which permission exactly needs to be changed, because I have tried "Server Network" and "Internet" and the warning is still there ?

Thanks !
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Which error are you getting?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: N/A

The error is: "The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. But it does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source. Would you like to allow this?". Note that it is an HTTPS connection.

Thanks for the help.

Philippe