Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: TSTT

Application being rejected from phone, even though it's signed.

Device: Curve 8520
JDE: 4.6.1
JDK: 1.6
Signed app? Yes.

Hello,
I'm trying to deploy a blackberry app (called 'ConstituenC') that works fine in the simulator. It uses restricted APIs, so I obtained a key from RIM and applied it via the Java Development Environment.

When I attempt to run on my phone (BB Curve, 8520. OS: 4.6.1), it shows an error saying "'ConstituentC' attempts to access a secure API."

The following is shown in the BB Event Log:

Java Exception: Error starting ConstituentC: Module 'ConstituentC' attempts to access a secure API. Error starting ConstituentC: Module 'ConstituentC' attempts to access a secure API. Linker error:
'VerifyError' for ConstituentC Module 'ConstituentC' attempts to access a secure API module 9621 cannot reference net.rim.blackberry.api.mail.Store
CMM: ConstituentC (9621) invalid sig for 0x424252 VM:LINK ConstituentC

Any ideas on how this could be resolved?

Developer
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: V Dub

Re: Application being rejected from phone, even though it's signed.

Hi Irwin,

Dumb Question.

Are you signing the most recent build of your app's cod file/files? 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: TSTT

Yeah, the image below shows ConstituentC_Signage.jpgthe results of signing (does it matter that RTT is not there?) :

Developer
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: V Dub

[ Edited ]

Can't see image sorry, you need the RRT you should contact devsupport@rim.com. They can further assist you.

Aha there's your image yea that's not right.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

CMM: ConstituentC (9621) "invalid sig for 0x424252" says that the RBB signature does not verify for ConstituentC. This means that the RBB signature is there in the module, but it does not verify against the module, for example, because the module has been corrupted. I suggest you check the integrity of the module by comparing a hash of the module installed vs the module signed.