Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Application created using the BB plugin for Eclipse not executing in the simulator

Hi all!

I created an app using BB plugin for Eclipse.  I try to execute it in the simulator, but it never gets displayed (app icon is never shown).  However, I create a "Hello World" sample, which works perfectly in the simulator.  My app in Eclipse also never shows any .cod or .jad files, it only has .jdp and .rapc files

My app doesn´t have coding problems or errors of any kind (at least not shown in the error view).  

TIP: I copy-pasted some code from some different applications, is this a problem?

I tried:

• Restarting Eclipse, 
  • Building active blackberry configuration,
  • Cleaning the project,
  • Building the project,
  • Reinstalling Eclipse,

but none of this seems to work.

Can someone please help me?

Best regards,

Juan.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application created using the BB plugin for Eclipse not executing in the simulator

Hi all!

In case someone gets the same problem I mentioned.  I identified the solution: It turns out I had a very large class with a lot of code on it and that´s the reason why the application did not get launched in the simulator.  What I did was that I split this class on 4different classes each handling different parts of the code and now it works perfectly.

Hope someone benefits from this, cause I spent a lot of time trying to realize what the problem was.

Best regards,

Juan.