Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000,9500,8900
My Carrier: Airtel,Vodafone

Application is not translated fully

Hi.

I am developing an application based on localization api for OS 4.6+ enabled devices.

With this api i can translate many texts in my desired language but I still facing problem in translating all system generated messages in simulator. Like in my simulator I have installed spanish language and my menus like close,select etc are translated in spanish but when i change the sd card the system shows pop up "Media card inserted" and "Media card Removed" Messages in english.

For setting locales i use

Locale.setDefault(locale);

What should i do to make that pop ups in spanish also?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Application is not translated fully

Hi,

As I understand these system messages are still on English. Did you change system locale in sym (options->Language)?

Also I remember that I had to download Russian locale files and copy them to sim folder. I have Russian locale in sim after downloading and copying.

Thanks,

Eugen

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000,9500,8900
My Carrier: Airtel,Vodafone

Re: Application is not translated fully

[ Edited ]

Ok i did not changed the system locale. Can we do it programatically?

I want to change system locale for just single application and when the application quits the system locale should be reverted.

can it be done?

And as you have said "I have Russian locale in sim after downloading and copying."

Did you download the language as separate file?(If yes than from where?)

OR

you just edited device's XML file as I did (suggested here http://goo.gl/PrEP)?

Thanks