Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated on Blackberry 8530

Hi All,

Software Version: 5.0

I am developing application to read the contacts from the addressbook and communicating with the server to exchange the data but i am getting following error "Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated" very first time but after it doesn't occure.

But this is not hapening in one position but happens in random places not getting what exactly the problem please can some one give me some clue?

Thanks

Sharan

Developer

Re: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated on Blackberry 8530

YOu are probably performing some lengthy or blocking processing in the UI event thread. Once your UI stops servicing it's event queue, it quickly fills up, causing the OS to terminate your process as "non-responsive".

Make sure that you are spaning a separate worker thread for any time-consuming or blocking process, like communications or chugging though a large contacts list.

New Developer

Re: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated on Blackberry 8530

Thanks Rexdoug.

Yes you might be right but this i am getting very first time. but after that i am not getting this issue.

Thanks

Sharan

Developer

"this i am getting very first time. but after that i am not getting this issue"

That should make it much easier to find the problem in your code.  Review the processing that is done the first time and figure out how much of this processing does not need to done on the Event Thread.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated on Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi Rex,

How do I solve the net_rim_bb_phone_app 78 error on my Bold 9700. I am a new user and need advice.

I am not into too many applications. Daily usage is the Email & SMS, but suddenly for the past few days, started getting this error.

Its an inconvenience as when I dial a number, it takes a few seconds for the screen to show the details, or when I receive a call, I hear the ringtone but again it takes a few seconds to show on the screen who is calling, or when I can a call, it again takes a few seconds to call the same.

Rest all application are working fine.

I do get a pop-up on the screen stating, net_rim_bb_phone_app 78 error, process terminated. And when I say OK, its working perfectly fine.

Pls revert on how I can solve the issue as its causing a lot of inconvenience.

Developer

Re: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(78) is not responding; process terminated on Blackberry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

If you, a user, are experiencing this, then it is either an OS bug or more likely an application is not written correctly. Remove 3rd party applications and see if that resolves the issue.