Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: 918547626119

Application not working after downloading from the store

I'm a newbie to this so please bare with me.

My Blackberry 5.0 app is not working properly after downloading from the store. The app works fine in the simulator and after signing I submitted the app which got approved and released. When I downloaded the app from the store it shows nothing but a blank screen. I have checked the permissions for the device and there's nothing wrong there.

Could this be a problem with my app or the Phone I'm using. 

If the app was not working properly and only showing a blank screen would the store approve such an app.

thanks & regards

Vishnu Skumar

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application not working after downloading from the store

[ Edited ]

BB World test the app, and would reject if it displayed a blank screen.  My suspicion therefore is that there is something about the device you have.  If not permissions, then it could be an OS related issue,  What OS level is your Simulator?

Have you tested other methods of installing your app on the device?  The easiest one is to copy the jad and cod files (unzipped if they have sibling cod files) onto an micro SD Card, insert that into the device and then use File Explorer to open the jad file.  It will start the Browser which will instill off the SD card. 

Another thing you might want to check is the compilation date to make sure the one you are testing matches the one from BB World.  If you use Application Management in the BB Options, and then find your app, the properties on that should give you information such as the cods involved and compilation date. 

Finally you need to plan for the unexpected, so your app should have some built-in logging/debugging that you can use in situations like this.  Users will always find problems in situations that you have not thought of.  So you need to build this sort of tool into your app from the start.  One example is to have some special way into a 'debug' screen from which you can send an email.  If you have also tracked the "flow" through your application with some internal logging mechanism, then you can include that in the email.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: 918547626119

Re: Application not working after downloading from the store

thanks for the info let me see into that