Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Application speed vs utility with large screen stack

I'm writing a business data app which downloads a large XML (~1mb) each night.  Its a summary of all applicable data from a DB.  The user will be able to drill down through the XML do display a more detailed summary broken out by a dynamic set of factors.  My question is where does application speed come in when dealing with a large screen stack?  The screens have a title with the parent node's name attribute and all children are shown in a rich list with title, summary, and an icon to denote if this is the "bottom" node or if this node has child nodes that will push a new screen.  It resembles the look of  the new Social Feeds RSS app.  Some "bottom" nodes will have buttons to view related summaries.  A click-happy user has the potential to have 30+ screens in the stack.  I want users to be able to use the esc button to go back one screen, recalling their original drill path, but I also don't want the application to appear sluggish when going back.  What would be the best way to structure this? Does having that many screens up cause a huge drain on memory? Is there a trade off between speed and utility, like retaining only so many screens? It is written only for OS 6 devices since it's an internal app.

Thanks,

Traigo