Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ApplicationIndicator value on the other side of Icon that on native applications

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I'm working in  Bold and Storm with OS 4.6 and 4.7

I have created an Application Indicator that displays a value at its side. I set this value with the following code line: ApplicationIndicatorRegistry.getInstance().getApplicationIndicator().setValue(5);

The problem that I have is that this value ("5") is displayed on the right of the Application Indicator Icon and in all the native applications the value is displayed on the left of the Icon.

So, I want to display a value in the same way the native applications do (on the left of the Application Indicator Icon). How can I do that? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gabriela.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: ApplicationIndicator value on the other side of Icon that on native applications

The message list API does not allow an application to choose the side of the indicator image that the unread count should appear on.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Smart

Re: ApplicationIndicator value on the other side of Icon that on native applications

Facebook, Appworld and other applications have their numeric value at the left side. Please explain