Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-21-2008 07:42 AM
I am using the ApplicationPermissions example in the JDE example workspace to check and change permissions if they are not set correct for my application. All works well apart when it comes to changing the permissions the application its self are changed fine but the dependent libraries underneath are not change. This is very strange as they are checked. Any help on how to change the permissions on dependent libraries would be great.
12-02-2008 04:28 PM
12-03-2008 04:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have got around this issue by placing all my COD files in the ALX as one application rather than separate applications and therefore separate permissions. This also seems to install a lot more reliably. I thought the separate applications and therefore the separate permissions for each application was causing the issues I was having with the security prompts despite having an application policy profile which grants all access. Is there any work around to this issue. I know that a number of users will get confused and select No on the trusted prompted from the OS and get confused also by the 'press menu then save or if that doesn't work menu then set as default then save' on the application permissions check. Im not sure if to have set a security policy or just set all to default as you seem to get more prompts with having the policies on especial the trusted prompt when you first start the application. I'm very confused by the whole thing.