Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Apps cannot use HTTP connection after upgrading to JDE 7.1

Dear Community,

First of all, thank you for your time.

I've been developing very tiny applications since OS 5.0. A few months ago I had to download the latest BlackBerry JDE 7.1 because my 5.0 started crashing every time I wanted to request code signatures.

Now, however, my applications cannot establish a HTTP connection, sned some POST values and parse the XML output. This used to work for the 5.0 simulator, but not in this one! I'm sure my MDS is running and working (cause the browser and other app's work). Also, when I install the app on a real device (7.0) it just works.

I'm confused and tired after three days not finding a solution. The HTTPConnnection library in the 7.1 API is not deprecated as far as I know. Anybody had a similar problem after updating their JDE?

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: Apps cannot use HTTP connection after upgrading to JDE 7.1

are you passing the connection string correctly?

connection string for simulator was ";deviceside=true";

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Apps cannot use HTTP connection after upgrading to JDE 7.1

Welcome to the forum.

The first thing I woudl check is to make sure you are using the correct level of JDE when developing.  If you are deploying on rel 6, then you must use the Environment for 6 or earlier. In this case it looks like you migh be using release 7 and that can do wierd things when run on OS 6.0 devices. 

Have a look at

"Installing additional BlackBerry SDK versions"

that you will find here

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/download/eclipse