Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Are attachment handlers any easier in OS 4.5?

[ Edited ]

MSohm wrote:

The way the AttachmentHandler interface works has not been changed. 

However, version 4.5.0 of the BlackBerry API set introduced JSR 211 - Content Handler API.  This allows an application to register itself as a handler for a particular file type.  This can result in a Download Attachment option in the Messages application if the file type matches.  When a user selects this option, the attachment is downloaded and passed into your application.

Have a look at the chapidemo included with version 4.5.0+ of the BlackBerry JDE for an example.

Hi Mark,

You mentioned JSR211 was introduced in 4.5.0. But the Content Handler API was available since 4.3.0. I tried running the chapidemo from 4.5.0 in a 4.3.0 simulator. It doesn't seem to work. I cannot register any type of Content Handler.

I tried the exact same code on a 4.5.0 and 4.6.0 simulator and it ran smoothly. It is only on a 4.3.0 simulator that the error occurs.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/1107/fundamentals.pdf

According to this document, JSR211 is supported on 4.3.0. What am i doing wrong?

Jaclyn

Message Edited by jacytan on 07-17-2009 03:40 AM
New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: eng

i have a 8320 handset  of blackberry.i have implement a attachment handler. so that  i shell append menu in the menu item. but i m not able to do so. so please give me idea how can i do it. is their need a internal setting in the phone. i m sure my program is correct.

i m waiting for response

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: eng

my problem is same is ur problem. i m not able to append menu in menu item for attachment handler.

have u found the solution of this problem. if u r able to do this then please help me.i m waiting for ur response.

regards

palwinder(chandigarh)