Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Around the world, is Direct TCP and WAP usually charged extra?

Peter or anyone- is it possible for someone like me to apply for BIS-B? My apps download from Flickr (web service call w SOAP) and another from any number of rss feeds, user choosable.

Or, if I want to test on my personal BB, would they mind if I grab a code from a google search and use it....

Justin

Developer

Peter if you have had Alliance membership, are you able to divulge the ballpark cost of joining or is that private for RIM?

J

Developer

There is code lying around the web that purports to do BIS-B.  I've not tried it and it is different to the code I use, so I have no idea whether it works or not.

With respect to RIM 'minding', sorry I can't answer that.  I'm just applying for BIS-B for another project, and RIM ask for the IP Address of the target server.  So they do know the approved destinations  

Highlighted
Developer

This would be purely for my personal testing, as my own BB is charged heavily for WAP by my carrier and so I would need a testing connection to test my app.

I have no intention of using an unofficial connection code for BIS for a release version, I will apply for Alliance membership.

J