Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Attach debugger to device via Eclipse, hit breakpoint of application loaded by Javaloader

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I use bb-ant-tools to compile and sign my application, then deploy to a device by using javaloader. I want to be able to attach the debugger from Eclipse to the device and to be able to hit any breakpoints that I declare.

Currently I can attach the debugger to the device from Eclipse, however any breakpoints that I create get ignored.

How can I achieve this?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Attach debugger to device via Eclipse, hit breakpoint of application loaded by Javaloader

The files created by rapc, present within the workspace must match what is loaded on the BlackBerry Smartphone.  Ensure that you are updating the .cod and .debug files in your workspace.  If they are different you won't be able to use break points (and many other debugging features).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor

Re: Attach debugger to device via Eclipse, hit breakpoint of application loaded by Javaloader

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Your help is extremely useful to the community.

I will attempt to check the .cod and .debug files are the same by completing an md5checksum, then seeing how I get on.

Is there anyway I could trick Eclipse by just copying the files that were generated by the build script to the correct directory?

New Contributor

Sorry, I have another question.

Would it be possible to output a source list from Eclipse like the one bb-ant-tools generates? This will help in understanding what differs between my script and Eclipse. 

There is a large difference between the number of signatures that Eclipse and the script requires. Eclipse signs 120-ish where as the script does 170-ish.