Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Audio Path Routing

I have a question concerning the Audio Path Routing

apc.setAudioPath(AudioPathControl.AUDIO_PATH_HEADSET

Audio Path is the BlackBerry Hands-free Headset. Is it possible to plug USB-earphones to the USB-plug of the BlackBerry and rout the Audio to them or is it only possible with earphones using the stereo jack?

Or is it possible to access the Audio Stream and route it with an own implementation via USB or Wifi? 

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Audio Path Routing

no access to the internal audio stream. an usb headset would most likely need a driver (plug and play works in windows, not on bb).

you could do your own recording and route the stream to whatever you like, but the phone audio cannot be accessed.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Thanks Simon. But I am not sure what you mean by own recording.

I want to play a mp3 and rout the audio path. That is possible creating and starting a player and routing to Bluetooth, Headset, Speaker Phone etc. But it is not able to route this audio to USB, because I am not able to access the internal audio stream of the player. Is this correct?

But how can I route an own audio stream based on a mp3? I can open a FileConnection and transfer the mp3 file via USB. But afaik the player opens and decodes the mp3 file and creates a audiostream that can be played by earphones. So using a FileConnection to open the mp3 and transfer it - without a decoding - would not be playable by earphones.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

you cannot access the decoded audio stream, no.

you can send the file stream to usb - finding the correct format for this would be depending on your usb headset.

on a windows computer it is all done by internal drivers, the BB does not have these drivers.

i doubt that it is possible - and if it is,  it will be very difficult

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Thanks again!

So I have to think about a new solution ;(