Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Autostart An Application

hello everyone,

i try to develop an application for the blackberry storm which shall start automatically when the device starts.

After setting the correct properties in the eclipse-plugin (selecting Auto-run on startup and System module, and creating another project for the alternate entry point and there selecting "alternate cldc application entry point" and setting an argument for the main-method) everything runs fine in the simulator (the application starts automatically). Strangely, on a real device (blackberry storm) the application does not start. Neither manually using the power off button nor removing the battery (and booting the device again) got the application getting started.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Developer

Re: Autostart An Application

sorry, i forgot to mention that my application is also signed.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

There are a couple of ways you can check for errors.  If you have access to the BlackBerry Storm you can connect it to your PC via USB and debug the application using the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse.

If you don't have direct access to it you can check the event log. You can use javaloader.exe (included with the BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse) to copy the event log contents using the following command:

javaloader -u eventlog > yourLogFile.txt

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Problem was the app tried to start, but the device has not completed its own startup, so I had to make sure my application waited as long as the device itself completed its startup (inStartup), and only then make the startup.

New Developer

can u please  tell how did u made the application to wait as long as the startup takes place ,i m having a similar problem in my app.
New Developer

my application is workings fine when is switch off the application,but when i pull the batterry then there is no auto start
Highlighted
Developer

You may use the above mentioned method 'inStartup()' in a loop.

ApplicationManager app = ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager(); boolean keepGoing = true; while (keepGoing) { if (app.inStartup()) { Thread.sleep(1000); } else { keepGoing = false; } } pushScreen(screen);

New Developer

Thank you
Developer

Kudos please! Smiley Wink
Developer

I used the code and it worked with my application when I used the autostart tie under level 7.