Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: vodacom RSA

BBM SDK for Android & iOS

Hope blackberry releases a SDK for android & iOS to add integration for bbm to android & iOS apps.. Seeing as BBM will be crossplatform pretty soon.. Would be good for developers.
Contributor
My Device: Curve9300, PlayBook
My Carrier: SFR

Re: BBM SDK for Android & iOS

[ Edited ]

I'm looking forward to a BBM SDK on iOS and Android too. I would just need very basic thing such as exchange a short string with other BBM users, not a full blown SDK as for BB phone.

The SDK for iOS and Android should help to bring other developers to BB: it makes sense for them to start their appli for BB if ever it is based on BBM, given the current BBM user base.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Playbook, DevAlpha C, 9900, 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

Will anyone know any release of BBM SDK for Android soon.

New Contributor
My Device: passport
My Carrier: cnet

Any updates? I also need this SDK for android & iOS. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

BBM for Android and iOS now support Android Intents and Apple App Extensions, which you can use to share to BBM on those platforms.  I wrote a blog post that explains how to do this here:  Cross Platform Sharing with BBM

No special SDK is required.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: passport
My Carrier: cnet

Thanks!

I do use the scheme to call BBM but I really want to do in-app chats with BBM friends. As I know the java BBM sdk has this feature. Any chance to have it on android or iOS sdk?

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

beartung wrote:

Thanks!

I do use the scheme to call BBM but I really want to do in-app chats with BBM friends. As I know the java BBM sdk has this feature. Any chance to have it on android or iOS sdk?

That feature isn't available on iOS or Android.  The in app chat feature on BBOS where the application could provide the data to send and display isn't available on BlackBerry 10 either.  On BlackBerry 10 you can use a BBM card to have a chat screen shown within your application, but the application can't use BBM as a data transport other than pre-populating the first draft message for the user to send.  You can't embed a chat field within your appliction's screen on BlackBerry 10 either.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker