Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Etisalat

BBM SDK v1.0 Beta

[ Edited ]

Hello

I am trying to use the Blackberry Messenger SDK v1.0 beta released 3 days ago. I am having trouples.

First, when I try to add a contact to simulator invitations go to the other emulator, and I accept it on the other emulator but still contacts show as pending on both devices. I am able to send emails.

Second, I am trying to have the samples code shipped with the SDK working; platformdemo2 fails at _pluginContext.isAccessAllowed(); I made sure the application name is under the allowed applications list in the messenger options, and made sure the application has allowed with all permission. Still cant access the messenger.

I tried to run the applications on a real device. But it seams like requesting especial keys not the regular 3 keys I am always siging with. I seams like it required keys from signer name: RIMAPPSA2. All other keys signing ok, but failed with that one. How I can get that key?

I tried 9300 and 9800 simulators shipped with the SDK. Also tried to install a new windows xp and reinstall everything on it to double check and still simulators dose not show added PINs as online, and keep them pending. And accepting invitations dose not effect.

So, how I can have the BBM on simulators fully working together? And How I can get the extra needed keys? Any help will be appreciated.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM SDK v1.0 Beta

Hello,

I also tried to use the BBM SDK but did not have any success and only problems with it.

In the document Getting_Started_Guide.pdf on Page 3 it says, extract bbm_OTA.zip but i dont find that file. I thikn that can be used to install and use the BBM 6 on your device.

Please post if you had any success!

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Java Developer

I already use BBM SDK Beta too.

My problem is I cannot run it on Simulator and BB9780 OS6 and BB9800 OS6 error shown "Error starting App 'net_rim_bb_qm_platform' not found. 

Can I fix it ? please ...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi bba,

your message was really helpful. I went to page 3 and checked what I was missing; I found that I had to update the jce_policy-6.zip on other places. Under the JDK there are two places to update. I revised the whole steps from the begining and added the missing patchs and now messengers can see and chat with eachothers and sample applications work.

I do not know where to find bbm_OTA.zip; but I expect the application uploader 1.1 should do the same function. I will try to install it on a machine again soon with the app uploader this time and see if that missing signing will not allow execution. However, I do not have any problem installing it to the device. All my problem is after install; and when trying to execute the sample on the a real device it say 'net_rim_bb_qm_platform'.

Cheers.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ChanachonBB:

I tried on other devices too and received the same exception; cant find 'net_rim_bb_qm_platform'. I assum it is because the signiture of the application was not complete. It required an extra signing key that is not included in standard 3 keys we all have.

On simulator I do not have issues any more. Examples worked ok after following the getting started document page 2 to 4 line by line. If you have this issue on simulator; then I expect you are not using the right simulator. I expect 9800 build 313 is the only one in OS6 simulators that supports the bbm programming. Also my testing always happen by starting sim1, and sim2.bat with the thier extra parameters, and then attached debuger with from the debug menu on eclipse. Hopefully this is any useful to you.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have some problem when I want to run my application on simulator. The exception is "net_rim_bb_qm_platform" not found. I read some suggestion above. But I can not find where is the   OTA.zip. And  I do not understand why to reinstall the application uploader.

How to solve that?

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm experiencing the same problems:

- Can't find bbm_OTA.zip, therefore I can't install "net_rim_bb_qm_platform" on the device so not even the sample apps launch

- Can't sign app. Signer says "Not Registered" for signer name "RIMAPPSA2".  Other keys sign without problem

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Contributor

Hi mojizu:

I expect the exception "net_rim_bb_qm_platform" not found on a simulator means you are not using 9800 simulator build 313. Things went ok with me on simulator. Try to launch the sim1, sim2 manually and attach debuger to them.

Contributor

Hi hegazy

Thanks for suggest me. Now my project is working very well. But on the real device, I can find the solution how to run my application using this api in the real device.

Thanks in advance

Contributor

Hi mojiizu:

Did you manage to have it working on a device?