Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Java Developer

Re: BBM SDK v1.0 Beta

Thak you for direction.

Now I can run application with BBM SDK but I have another problem, Demo applicaton cannot access to BBM.

isAccessAllowed() = no for all .

Can I edit permision or setting something to allow application to access to BBM.

Thank you again. 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HI hegazy,

Yeah, I would like to run my application on my device. I try to research how to solve that ,but  I can not find thta.

How to do that ?

Thanks in advance

Contributor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi ChanachonBB:

Did you check that the application has all permessions allowed under application managment, and allowed under bbm options?

Contributor

Hi mojiizu, I am not sure why we all recieve same exception on real device. But I assume it is because of the missing bbm_ota file, mentioned in the documentation. From its name it seams like it is using the application loader to download the missing file to the device.

We aready have the missing library: net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar under the sdk folder. If we can find some why to download it to the device in a shared place I assume this can replace what bbm_ota dose.

Contributor

Thank you hegazy

But I cannot find bb_ota file in SDK folder. Can I download it somewhere?

Contributor

Hi ChanachonBB:

I cant find bbm_ota too.. But.. I can see net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar library under "BBM SDK" folder. I expect the bbm_ota is a bridge to download the library to the device. I keep searching how to install it.

New Developer

ChanachonBB wrote:

Thak you for direction.

Now I can run application with BBM SDK but I have another problem, Demo applicaton cannot access to BBM.

isAccessAllowed() = no for all .

Can I edit permision or setting something to allow application to access to BBM.

Thank you again. 

I have this exact same issue.

I've enabled the permissions for platformdemo to Allow. 

What else can I do?

Someone else mentioned some allowed applications in BBM settings, where is this screen?

Contributor

jsonli, the bbm allowence screen is under menu/options from inside the bbm app.
I had that error before, and only fixed after editing permission to allow all under applications management; and after installing the usa_policy file on other places under the jdk, and follow pages 2, 3, and 4 from the getting started gauid.
Contributor

Thank you everyone a lot. 

Today I cannot can run it on Simulator but BBM access still not allowed. I try to install on BB Device 9800 OS 6.0.0.294 Bundle 905 it's show that net_rim_bb_qm_platform missing. Somebody who use Blackberry for testing have the same proplem? I'm not sure that I can run it if I upgrade my BB to 6.0.0.313 that can run it, I cannot seting permission on BB Simulator application permission not useful on Simulator broblem still exsist. 

Can somebody success to program with this SDK (BBM SDK Beta 4_03_10_2011) or success with other version please tell me what about.

- Blackberry plugin for eclipse your version.

- BBM SDK version.

- Simulator version.

I will try to follow you. 

Thank you very much.. 

Retired

I tried all the sample apps and they all work like a charm on the simulator.

A casual tip here would be:  Follow every single line mentioned in the Getting Started Guide.  If you are some lucky guys who were playing with some private beta versions prior to Beta 4_03_10_2011, please don't be lazy... start over to re-install everything all over again because the simulators included are also updated (although their versions are the same).... or else you will run into some weird issues.

Best Regards,
David Lim(林玮)

BlackBerry App World:
http://www.blackberry.com/appworld

BlackBerry Developer Zone:
http://www.blackberry.com/developers