11-11-2011 06:29 PM
I apologize that you are encountering some difficulty in setting up the environment. I would just like to confirm that the following steps have been followed (apologies once again for the obviousness) just so that I can rule missing steps:
1) Making sure that JAVA_HOME has been set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20 or later should work.
2) PATH variable is set to JAVA_HOME\bin
3) rimpublic.property UDP.send.host = IP address where the MDS simulator is running.
4) You have downloaded local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_24\jre\lib\security. Sometimes I have noticed that C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security works as well.
5) You are running run.bat and there are no exceptions while executing the command prompt. (typically if US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar have are not been copied properly, you will see exceptions)
6) When you run the simulator found in the SDK folder or running a simulator via a customized command line http://bit.ly/vKeJz9, make sure your simulator is registered on the BlackBerry Network. Can you launch one simulator at a time.
7) Can you also make sure that your simulator has MDS connectivity by visiting a WebPage on the native browser or connecting to App World.
Let me know your feedback.
11-14-2011 11:19 AM
Some new info that may help answer your questions or issues.
The current version of the MDS-CS does not support https proxy server if the device uses end-to-end https. The BBM simulator will have the same limitations as it inherits the same code base. (The MDS-CS doesn't send any HTTPS connections though a proxy server as it only sends HTTP).
We plan to have this fixed in our upcoming versions of the MDS-CS.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I will be glad to answer them for you.
11-15-2011 10:34 AM
So what you mean is that I can't test BBM Connected apps using the BBM MDS-CS behind a proxy and that explains why I can verify my apps at home with my broadband but I can't do it at work working behind a proxy.
11-25-2011 01:00 PM
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
The BBM MDS-CS simulator version of the SDK 1.3 is v3.5.3 which is the same as the previous SDK. We are in the works of fixing the issue.