Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: telus

BBOS App Approvals

Is RIM still approving BBOS apps cause I have several waiting for over a month? One longer that 2 months wait. 

I mean seriously this is pretty obsurd having to wait 2 months for approval. 

Do they really expect anyone to develop apps anymore with 2+ month waiting time only to find out their app was denied for some reason or another so they have to start the review process again with a fix.

Actually looks like about 2 to 3 week wait for BB10 apps. Funny how these appear to be getting approved before BBOS apps. Guess its not first come first served and we know how RIM feels about BBOS developers with no direct conversion path to BB10. Only web developers and android developers get that priviledge.

Developer
My Device: Passport

Re: BBOS App Approvals

Mine was approved the other day after waiting for about a month.

Contributor

Did you have to email them to push it through?

I think I've emailed like 3 times for various apps and you think they could have the decency to to at least immediately reply with a standard form letter or something indicating that they recieved your email and someone will be looking at it shortly. They don't even bother to do that. Instead completely ignore their developers.

Contributor

Oh yeah I think I filled in that developer support form page and submitted a question. Maybe they should just remove that form. What exactly is the point of having that if you are not going to respond. Isn't that just going to peeve people off.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Whenever I have filled in the form, I have got a response, typically after waiting sometime.  Once I got someone's attention, I have to say they were very helpful.

Developer

I agree usually they are very responsive, but since BB10 was released they are clearly overloaded because noone responded to me either.

Contributor

If they are too busy than hire the people back they laid off. 2 months and still waiting approval is insane and no responses to emails. I can get my app on the android market in an hour.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I agree it really sux, my own app was 8 months in development then I have to wait a month to get it on sale.

However you can't  compare with Android market because anyone can put any kind of **bleep** on the Andriod market and that's definitely not what we want to happen on App World.  I do agree with you however, I was tagerting my upcoming app for BBOS first but now I have reconsidered and am developing it for iPhone first since I can get it on sale quickly, then I can target BBOS since i know it will take forever to get it on the market.  

RIM/BlackBerry have to keep in mind that BB10 is not available in all markets so they have to keep on top of the BBOS market or they are going to suffer.