08-19-2009 04:34 AM - edited 08-19-2009 09:15 AM
I need my application to connect via the BES to an intranet address but am running into some difficulty. I do have a firm grasp of the mechanics and am familiar with all the various connection parameters. I do not have any hands-on experience with the BES but know about the connection params (deviceside=false or none specified at all)
* CoverageInfo.isCoverageSufficient() returns false for BES connectiontype
* Blackberry browser is able to browse intranet content. This is certain since the address will not resolve publically
* Blackberry has MDS runtime installed. I know very little about this runtime. This is just something that happened to be on the phone, The app was not made as an MDS application.
* Manage Connections>Connection status shows device is not connected to a BES
* Options>Advanced>Enterprise activation shows the device was registered Feb. of 09
* IPPP service book entry seems present but the UIDs look funny. I dont know an easy way to describe this except that they look like random numbers and letters instead of cryptic shorthand
* The BES happens to be the same server hosting the web services i'm trying to connect to
Why is the blackberry browser able to connect through the BES to the same webserver on the inranet while my application and the rest of the phone shows all indications that it is not on a BES?
Any outlandish theories are welcome.
08-19-2009 11:04 AM
08-19-2009 02:40 PM
Why do you believe that your device is connected to BES, all evidence to the contrary?
I think a better explanation is that you are NOT connected to BES. You browser would then be using BIS-B (rather than BES), which you do not have access to unless you provide the proper connection parameters in your URL.
In this case, you eed to provide somw type opf parameters to direct the connection type.