Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

BES push versus BIS push service

Hi

I have followed the developement guide for push notification for BES, successfully executed the app on emulator. both client & server app after doing some changes.

So Now I wanted to know that according to that development guide this push is only for BES.

I have few question related to this, pls clarify

1) In this approach server app will  push the data to clients based on DevicePIN(unique identifier) or User email id according to the guide. so client app should pre-register with server app ? so that server app should have client app details ?

2) BES server , whether application development company(third party) should maintain BES server  or RIM will maintain ?

3) Could you please eloborate on how data is pushed from server app to BES server & then from BES server to different blackberry devices in real time scenario (when app go live in production)  ? what are the steps third party company should follow to deploy its push notification app ?

4) I don't have any idea about BES server, so I request somebody to educate me on this ?

5) There is one more approach BIS push Service, I don't find any samples for BIS push service ? can anybody provide them (both client & server app).

6) Again I want to know  in detail about BIS , mean to say how i can deploy both my client & server app & it should work properly ?

7) what is difference between BIS push service & BES push service ?????????

Please reply me soon........

Thanks

Hidayath