Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BIS Outage

Hi, my company has a solution that uses BIS-B to connect to our networks.  Our application has been in production for almost a year now.

Today about 1-2pm PST we started getting calls from all over US and Canada that our software is failing to connect to our network.

A little troubleshooting and it appears that the BIS network is not working.  Carrier and MDS connections are working fine.  I was also able to verify that on my ATT Curve I cannot browse the internet when configured for Internet Browser, but I can if I use Blackberry Browser or Media .NET.

Any other BIS users experiencing issues right now?

Thanks!

New Developer
New Developer

Re: BIS Outage

yeah, we also been having weird BIS issues with our app since last night.  at first i thought it was ATT, now i think its BIS.  i wish there was a better way to know when BIS is having problem.

Developer

Yes, I'm having BIS trouble on Verizon but I'm still getting email.

Developer

App World wasn't available today either,  though it seems to be fine this evening.

I imagine the carriers will know whats going on, though they may be reluctant to notify BIS users.