Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Best approach to show data from SAP

Hi, I'm a DotNet developer who's a BlackBerry newbie. I've been assigned the task to develop a BB rich client solution to display new workitems from SAP backend in the BB.

I have narrowed down on the following approaches for this:

1. Pushing the data to be stored on client side:

1.1 :  I create a server side application which polls SAP(through a web service?) for any new data available, and if so pushes the data to a listener client application on the BB which displays it in a customised format.

1.2:  OR I create a server side application that gets the data from SAP in the same way but pushes it to BB in the form of html which then can be rendered by the BB browser.

2. Pulling the remaining data on request from the BB

When the user clicks on the link of the workItem on BB, he initiates a WebService call which gets the subsequent data in return.

What I want to know is:

1. Which is better, pushing the data in HTML format to be displayed in the BB browser, OR another way with a client application installed that interacts with it.

2. Is there any other way to get data from a RFC call without intermediate webservices ?