Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Bold Simulator too slow

I watched that video but I can't get it to work. Are they just going back and editing? When I'm in debug mode I'm not allowed to do any edits until I select stop debug. (This is for JDE 4.2.1.41)

Can you tell me which debugger this hot-swap feature is for? Thanks, and sorry for breaking in to your thread.

roricka

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

FWIW, my BB 9700 simulator ran slow, too, both for loading and for usage. It was pretty bad, functionally unusable at such a slow speed.

I turned off the graphics acceleration, tho - View->Graphics Acceleration->Off - anjd that fixed the prob. Not sure if my solution is applicable to others or not, but in case it is, I'll just note it here.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Excellent advice.  Exactly what was wrong with mine too.  Just switched off acceleration and now it is a pretty useful tool.

New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

This is good advice we also stumbled upon independantly. Now if there was just a way that the emulator would remember that setting (I need to switch it off every time I start the emulator).
www.cobiinteractive.com
www.madmob.co.za