Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry_Email_MDS

Greetings

I have been trying to get simulated email working. I have downloaded and installed BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4.exe and I managed to get email to send from Storm 9530 Simulator

The about for that simulator says: BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.11.0.38

However, when I closed this Simulator and opened the 9630 Simulator, it would not send email

The about says: BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.12.0.47

Also, I was unable to use the web browser from either simulator.

Is there a document that tells me how to use and configure BlackBerry_Email_MDS

Am I supposed to start the ESS before the MDS or vice versa or do they both need to be going at once?

First the ESS

I managed (i think) to configure the email by modifying the rimpublic.property and the SMTP settings were reflected in the ESS. However, there was no mechanism to save my username and password.
Also, the Load Test did not seem to download any emails

Are any settings required for MDS?

Any direction on this would be great.

Thanks

Developer

Re: BlackBerry_Email_MDS

According to this post Unable to send email with BlackBerry simulator you should not run MDS and ESS simulator at the same time.

Developer

Thanks for that - that clarifies something. So both ESS and MDS are both capable of handling email.

If I run MDS start the 9530 simulator, I can browse the internet, but when I try to send an email, the messages is ticked as though it is sent, but it does not send. The debug window shows the following:

<2009-11-12 10:51:24.390 EST>:[726]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<ERROR>:<Unknown packet destination: CMIME>

If I close MDS and start ESS, I can send email. Is there some sort of setting in MDS that is stopping me from sending email?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

MDS doesn't have a setting that stops you from sending an email. If you want to send an email, use ESS. Smiley Happy

Developer

According to the post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Unable-to-send-email-with-BlackBerry-simulat... both should be able to send email. I am wondering why I can't get MDS to work. Is it a bug? If I run them both concurrently, email does not work

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Well, I'm experiencing the same behavior as yours. Smiley Happy