Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.3.0 released!

Larger quote...

zumwaltwood wrote:

Decided to get 1.3.0 today, downloaded, installed into a FRESH Eclipse folder,

Since you stated you installed into a fresh Eclipse folder, I assumed you installed into a directory that had a clean instance of Eclipse in it.

Regardless, the install didn't complete successfully.  What version of Windows are you using?  Were you logged in as administrator?  If you used Windows Vista or 7, was UAC disabled?  Did you run the application the first time as administrator?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I note that you refer to JDK 5 in your post.

I believe you need to have a JDK 6 installed for the 1.3 version of the plugin to work.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Cricket

Windows XP Professional SP2, it did install correctly, have been beating on it to try to figure this out, several things to know up front about doing a 1.3.0 fresh install even with the JDE 6.0 install, for anyone else who was foolish enough to think that it would simply work... (new people won't matter), you have to do the Help / Install New Software, then setup

BlackBerry Java Plug-in - http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.5/java

Install all from that branch, (BlackBerry Java Plug-in Category)

For your keys, click on Blackberry, Sign, Import Existing Keys, choose the folder with your keys in it, you should get a "success". NOTE: At NO point during the startup choose your OLD workspace, DO NOT DO THIS, use a different workspace folder or rename your workspace folder to like "workspace_old" then let it create a NEW workspace folder, otherwise, you will not have the right menu options when it opens up. Now, you have to IMPORT and COPY to workspace all of your projects, then you have to do a CLEAN on them all, you will have to also update ALL of the projects Descriptor.xml files, the OLD 1.1 needed the file version to be 4 decimal places like 1.0.0.0, the NEW (1.3) needs them 3 decimal places 1.0.0 for instance.

Still going through some of the changes, but if you get this far, you should be able to use the sim again and compile.

BlackBerry Java JDK 6.0.0.30
BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.3.0.201101051005-15
BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0
Eclipse: Helios

Highlighted

If you used http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.5/java then you installed the old version (1.1.2) of the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse and BlackBerry Java SDKs.

The update site for 1.3.0, which is used to add version 5.0 and lower versions of the BlackBerry Java SDK is:

http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.6/java

Mark Sohm

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Cricket

Now that they are installed, you can't simply switch to 3.6 from 3.5 because it considers them already installed...

BlackBerry Java JDK 6.0.0.30
BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.3.0.201101051005-15
BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0
Eclipse: Helios

The 3.5 update site has the older plug-ins that support Eclipse 3.5.

The 3.6 update site has the current plug-ins that support Eclipse 3.6.

Both cannot be installed in the same instance or version of Eclipse.

You'll need to start with the full installer, then use the 3.6 update site to add additional BlackBerry Java SDKs if you need a version lower than 6.0.

Mark Sohm

Contributor

I have installed BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.3.0 and my application started to have problems reading Hebrew strings from resources (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in CompiledResourceBundle.readPartString).  The same code is working correctly with the previous plug-in 1.1.2.     Any ideas where to look for solution?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi Igor77.  Yes, this is a known issue with the current build of the plug-in working with SDK versions older than 6.0.  Can you please confirm, if your project targets 6.0, does it build then?

We are actively working on a resolution that we hope to publish soon.

Thanks.

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Contributor

Hi kwallis,

thanks for your reply.

When I run the project using simulator with 6.0 (6.0.0.284_9800_Asia) everything is fine. But my project should target 4.5.0, 4.6.1 and 5.0, and the issue with Hebrew strings is present on those platforms.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

How do I add the BlackBerry menu to the Debug perspective?

(On a positive note, debug step commands are working in this release.)

--Todd

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600) | Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) | Eclipse Version: 3.6.2 [M20110210-1200] | BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-in: 1.3.0.201102031007-19 | Java Compiler level: 1.3 | Targeting devices running OS 5 | Simulators: JDE 5.0 packaged 9700, 9630, 9300