Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
12-21-2012 02:12 AM
I have created a mavenized BlackBerry project successfully with all the .cod files with much inputs from here. I have not worked previously on Maven so I have signed my application from outside command line by going into SignatureTool.
My problem is my app gives a jvm error 104 java.lang.Error on simulator and actual device.
I have noticed when I run my app using BlackBerry Project setup it runs and if I run my Mavenized app soon after it then it run perfectly!!
Is there some cache that the simulator or BlackBerry maintains. As maven does not create .locale_interfaces folder(i also tried manually creating that folder). May be that is some problem? I also added refernce to .rrc and .rrh in my pom.xml but no luck.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-21-2012 07:18 AM
12-22-2012 06:06 AM
I understand that but our main reason to have a mavenized project is to get automated builds through hudson. Unfortunately, I'm stuck badly there.
Do you think it is beacause of the .crb files that bb plugin generates could be a reson for error? as I have already created all the structure, interfaces for localization etc. manually yet I can't get it to work. Any ideas ?
12-22-2012 01:48 PM - edited 12-22-2012 01:49 PM
12-22-2012 02:35 PM
Thanks mreed for your time. I'm sorry for the broken link. Here's the correct one.
I'm using m2eclipse plugin. My problem is that my app runs fine if I package it from eclipse using BlackBerry project but it gives a jvm 104 java.lang.Error when I package it through maven command line. Although it creates all the cod files but maven doesn't create a .locale_interfaces folder which I think it should have created.
I created the resource interface and added to the resource package. Still getting the error.
12-22-2012 03:48 PM - edited 12-22-2012 04:24 PM
It looks like that is just using Maven to call Ant... there are better more complete Ant tools if you want to use those. Im sure you can find through the forum search.
There is also an open source BlackBerry Maven plugin:
https://goodformobile.atlassian.net/svn/MMP/trunk (some samples under trunk also)
02-08-2013 07:49 AM
This is for anyone facing similar issue.
Well finally I got a work around of my issue. The reason of the error was the use of localization in my app. Maven didn't created the .locale_interfaces and there were issues due to the .crb files as well so I used a .properties file instead of the locale bundle and picked value from there based on key value iteration. In the pom.xml I mentioned their location and dependency like shown below and now it works like a charm
<!-- Adding .properties file to project for localization --> <plugin> <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId> <artifactId>properties-maven-plugin</artifactId> <version>1.0-alpha-2</version> <executions> <execution> <phase>initialize</phase> <goals> <goal>read-project-properties</goal> </goals> <configuration> <files> <file>src\main\resources\LocaleBundleES.properties
</file> <file>src\main\resources\LocaleBundleFR.properties </file> <file>src\main\resources\LocaleBundleEN.properties </file> </files> </configuration> </execution> </executions> </plugin> <!-- Adding .properties file to project for localization -->