Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

BlackBerry Persistent Store - Individual Object Limit.

Hi Do anyone know what happens if it exceeds the the limit for an individual object within the Persistent store (64 kb)?
Regards
Anand
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Persistent Store - Individual Object Limit.

That figure is not correct.  I'm not sure what the correct limit is for Persistent Store object - I have not hit it and I have large Objects (or more accurately, large collections), but if it is not just the size of PersistentStore, then it is in the Megabytes.  . 

Point us at the link from which you got this figure, it should be corrected. 

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

I had issue trying to build a cash system with Persistent Store. I finally decided to end it.

Be sure that Persistent Store is not designed for data storage, it's just key-value data used to store an account or session informations. 

To answer your question: the application just freezes when there is too much data. It cannot load or save more key. You can't even switch to another application, you have to get the battery off.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

@ Hithredin: I think your problem was not the size of an individual object (which is what this poster was asking about I think).

I suspect the problem was the amount of data you are putting in persistent store.  I suspect before you reached the 'freeze' stage your BlackBerry starting running slow and displaying the hour glass indicator as the garbage collector attempted to recover memory

But the point you make is goodThere is a limit to the persistent memory in a blackberryYou do need to be carefulIt is only a handheld device, do not put your entire CRM database on there

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

You're right about your descriptions peter_strange, I had the hour glass.
And indeed I may have been confused between the size of one object and storing multiple objects.