Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerryContact commit too slow

In my test, the commit command of the BlackBerryContact takes too long to finish. A single commit command takes up about 80% of the running time of the application.

For example, my test was performed on a Curve (OS Version 4.5) with 200 contacts. I retrieved the contact list and modify all contacts in the list. The total running time is about 120 seconds. The commit time is about 95-100 out of that 120 seconds.

My clients' contact lists usually consist of more than 1000 entries. Is there anything I can do to optimize the process ?

Thanks,

-tdao

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: 8330

Re: BlackBerryContact commit too slow

I have had similar issues with Address Book performance.

I tried to improve the visual progress of the application by showing a status bar while it scanned a few thousand contacts.

I Couldnt really do that either. Simply trying to count the total number of contacts in the address book took many minutes.

My testing was on OS 4.2

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BlackBerryContact commit too slow

Hi,

I just wanted to know how you solved this problem. At the moment, I am also facing this issue of BlackBerryContact commit being too slow.

Thanks