Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Application Not loading in to 9000 bold

I developed my application in 4.5 ver. Its working fine in all model from 4.5 to 5.0 os but 4.6/4.7 OS not support the cod file. It gives simulator uncaught exception when I load the cod to the 4.6/4.7 OS. SIM 9000 bold (4.6)  not working same 9000 bold (5.0) working fine. Any suggestions?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Blackberry Application Not loading in to 9000 bold

What is in Stack Trace of this exception?

Developer

[ Edited ]

Further to Eugens comment, have you actually debugged this problem at all?  For example, have you stepped through the code on the failing environment to determine where the problem is?

Developer

I have a cod file which is developed in 4.5OS using eclipse. I put the cod in the 4.6/4.7 SIM load cod from the menu. I am getting  uncaught exception application name. When I try to load same cod in 5.0 SIM it works fine without any error please advice.

Developer

We know this already.

What you are telling us is pretty much like me going to a mechanic and saying my car sometimes won't start.  Can the mechanic figure out whether my battery is flat or the starter motor is dodgy from that information.  So unless you can provide us with something more we aren't able to help with your problem. 

If you need help finding the stack trace or debugging on the SImulator let us know.  But given the number of posts you have made, I presume you already know how to do this.

Developer

I load the cod file in to 4.7 OS Sim. When I open my Application I am getting an Error saying " Error Staring Application Name" 'ref member out of range'

Developer

If you can get this in the Sim, then presumably you can also debug it easily.

Have you put a break point at the start of your main() and stepped through to see where the problem is. 

Have you looked at the Stack Trace reported in the debugging to see where the problem is.

Sorry my crystal ball is broken, I can't read your mind or see what you see on your screen and I have never seen your code.  Using my previous analogy, we are still at the level of "my car won't start'.  You have to do more debugging yourself to give us information that will help us to help you.  However this effort will not be wasted, because you will learn how to do it for your next problem!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve Smartphone
My Carrier: -

please let the others know, if you guys got the solution for the mentioned error.

I have developed midlet which is running fine on 8530 emulator, but on installing it on the actual device 8530 curve, it has given the error at start, as below:

Error starting <classname>: Class '<classname>.<variablename>' ref member out of range

I have gone through various threads related to this, and I found that I have to reduce the number of my variables in the application.

But, how can I do that? I mean all variable are introduced as they are required. Is there any way to reduce the number of variables?

For example: I have used 13 to 15 Spacers of the same height and width, on different forms in my application. Here, I can use only one object of spacer instead of 15. Does reducing variable means like this?

But in this case it will throw illegalStateException as the object is owned by different form.

As the application is already developed, I am not getting how to make changes to reduce the number of variables in the application. Please idea to do it are most appreciated.

So please guide me. Regards.