Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry IMEI numbers

Hello,

I've been asked to look into an issue in our product for dealing with IMEI numbers that are greater than 15 characters. The problem is that I can't find any models that support larger IMEI numbers. Does anyone know of any such models? I'll be able to download a simulator and test it. Currently, I'm testing on an 8310 simulator which is chopping off 5 digits (I'm started it up with a 20 digit IMEI).

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry IMEI numbers

I believe IMEI codes are always 15 digits. Could you provide some more information on what you are testing and where you are seeing the failure?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Developer

Garett,

It was a change request that I was asked to look into, yet I've only seen larger IMEI codes for HTC models. I was curious if that was the case for BlackBerry devices. As far as I know, the standard for BlackBerry IMEI codoes is 15 hex digits, I was wondering if there were exceptions to this for newer BlackBerry models?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Even OS 7 devices use 15-digit IMEI. According to the IMEI standards an IMEI number should only ever be 15 digits.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Cheers for confirming that. They be confusing the IMEI number with something else.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

• An IMEI is a 15 digit identifier for GSM devices.
  • An MEID is a 18 digit identifier for CDMA devices.
  • An ESN is a 12 digit identifier for CDMA devices.