Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry JDE eventLog capture to file

Hi all,

Is there any way to redirect the Blackberry eventLog that shows on JDE when connected to device (or simulator) to a file? Been struggling with this for few days, even tried the Eclipse plugin instead of the native JDE but no success so far.. I tried to follow some hits in Google regarding Eclipse such as setting output file using configure->run configure->commons tab etc .... But this does not work for Blackberry.

I know you can use the JavaLoader.exe to retrieve the latest log on the device, but I really need an on-going capture for few hours..

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Udi

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Blackberry JDE eventLog capture to file

we use a loggerservice that writes the log to several sources (persistant store, filesystem, ram, device log) and allows sending per mail etc.
of course this only logs your own input, if the application has a hard crash you still need the device log.

there is no api for the device log, except to display it programatically.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response, I guess I will write it to file in the BB... I was hoping to get the environment events tho, I need to debug some situation that might be caused by other app or by network issue etc... Ouch I guess no luck so far.

I would think something like redirecting JDE eventLog output when the BB is connected to the PC would be a breeze .. Just like it is with Android and iPhone .Oh well.

Bye,

Udi

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i read about somebody who did that, but not sure who it was, and i don't find it in the history. maybe mreed?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

mreed captured System.out over USB here:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Is-there-a-way-to-capture-the-std-out-loggin...  That's likely what you're thinking of.

We don't provide a means to stream that or the event log.  I don't have anything further to offer beyond the solutions already noted on thread.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Great thanks mreed!!! problem solved ... I think this should be posted somewhere Smiley Happy

http://hardisonbrewing.org/display/PUBORG/NARD+%28BlackBerry+System.out%29;jsessionid=264518D00575D2...