Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Messenger SDK Integration....PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey,

I am trying to install the BBM SDK on my PC.

I followed the instructions on the getting started guide as follows:-

1)First I had to update my JDE and JRE versions from 1.6.14 to 1.6.26 so I uninstalled all previous versions of Java and installed 1.6.26.The JRE does not get installed in the default folder(JRE 1.6.0_26) but in a folder called jre6

2)After that I set up the MDS as given in the instructions.I set up the Shortcut to MDS with the target as required.

3)After that I tried running the MDS but it was not running because the unlimited encryption settings were not configured.So I replaced the files in the "JRE6/lib/Security" folder with the jce policy files.After this,the MDS was running fine.

4)I had already installed the simulators(both 5.0 and 6.0) so I ran both sim1.bat and sim2.bat in the 5.0 folder.The simulators showed BBM 6.0 was installed.But after I tried inviting the sim2 to BBM from sim1 and vice-versa,it just shows up as pending in the BBM and I do not get requests in the invited simulators.

Can someone please help me solve this problem?I have repeated this procedure countless number of times but I still cannot connect the simulators to each other.

Additional Notes:

1)When I open the simulators,I see some messages sent in the MDS.So can I assume the MDS has been installed properly?

2)I cannot browse the internet using the browsers on either simulator.

3)Also when I go to service status in manage connections the BIS and BES services are shown as Not Connected.Does this mean that the setup is not done properly?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: devel

Re: Blackberry Messenger SDK Integration....PLEASE HELP!!!

if you have another simulator installed on your pc try to connect to the internet on it
Contributor

hi,

thanks a lot for the reply,

I have many JDEs and simulators installed on the PC.

I tried to connect to the intenet using Bold 9000 simulator with OS 4.6 and using the Shortcut to MDS that i created and it was successful.

However I cannot connect using this Shortcut to MDS and the sim1.bat or sim2.bat in the 5.0 simulators folder which I just installed

Contributor

i can also connect to the internet using the default simulator in the 5.0 directory but not using the sim1.bat or sim2.bat simulators

sim1.bat::

@echo off
fledge.exe /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=9300 /session=Sim1 /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:9300.xml /data-port=0x4d44 /data-port=0x4d4e /pin=0x2100000A /app-param=regVersion=3 /app-param=regDestIP=127.0.0.1 /app-param=regDestPort=19781 /app-param=regSrcPort=19780 /app-param=DisableSyncServiceRecord /title="BlackBerry 9300-1 Simulator"

sim2.bat::

@echo off
fledge.exe /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=9300 /session=Sim2 /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:9300.xml /data-port=0x4d44 /data-port=0x4d4e /pin=0x2100000B /app-param=regVersion=3 /app-param=regDestIP=127.0.0.1 /app-param=regDestPort=19781 /app-param=regSrcPort=19782 /app-param=DisableSyncServiceRecord /title="BlackBerry 9300-2 Simulator"

thank you for your help

Contributor

update::

I tried using 6.0 simulators and I can connect to the internet on both sim1.bat and sim2.bat but cannot connect the two simulators using BBM

PLEASE HELP!!!! Man Sad

Contributor

i can connect to the internet on 6.0 simulator using both MDS and Shortcut to MDS but on 5.0 internet works using on MDS and not Shortcut to MDS

Contributor

so internet works on 6.0 simulator even without MDS but for 5.0 you need only MDS.bat (not the shortcut) to be running

I dont think I have ever been this confused in my life

Contributor

guys please help!!

Highlighted
Contributor

For anyone intersted,I solved my problem.

Check out page 5 here ::

http://docs.blackberry.com/zh-tw/developers/deliverables/25815/BlackBerry_Messenger_SDK-Release_Note...

You have to modify the connections in the simulator

Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Airtel

Try creating the shortcut of run.bat and then Edit the shortcut file and do changes to this file as specified underneath (specify JAVA_EXE as per your java install directory):

@ECHO OFF

set JAVA_EXE=tools\jdk\bin\java.exe

cd Servers\MDS1

REM For simulator with BBM and Browsing support:
REM run.bat -log.console.dump -feature "bbm,keynego,monitor,servicebook,cmimep2p,ep2p,registration,ippp,http,httpc,defaulthandler" -webconfig all
REM

IF NOT EXIST %JAVA_EXE% SET JAVA_EXE=java
start "MDS" cmd /vSmiley Surprisedn /k %JAVA_EXE% -classpath ..\..\classpath\*;..\..\webserver\lib\*;"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\deploy.jar" -Xmx512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=classpath\endorsed -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

:END