Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 9700

Blackberry SQLite - how to check the user database version for 5.0 & 6.0 devices

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am using sqlite in my application. Before i open the database, i need to check the database (user created database) version number, if the version number of the existing database is less than the current one then i need to update the database (using alter/update query) otherwise not.

I came to know that from 7.0 onwards we can use

net.rim.device.api.database.PRAGMA (USER_VERSION)  to set the database version and get it. Is there is anyother way to do this same thing on pre 7.0 versions. If it is available can anybody let me know how to do it or is there is anyother way is available to achiving the samething.

Thanks 

Mindus

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Blackberry SQLite - how to check the user database version for 5.0 & 6.0 devices

i think we save the version in the db, open it, read only the version and decide to alter/update it then.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter