Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8310 Rogers
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry freezes on application installation

Hi

We have created the small blackberry application. It is working fine on the simulator but when we try to install it on to the actual device it does not work.

Every time we install a new version of the app we get the Application Permissions prompt immediately but when we click the ‘Yes’ button the Blackberry freezes up every time and we have to reboot it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Blackberry freezes on application installation

does it run on the simulator? does it run on a simulator with device security enabled? can you debug on the live device? can you set breakpoints? do you have logging active?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I would also check that you are not running anything on the Event Thread that should not be (e.g. networking) and that you are using an appropriate level of development tool for your device.

If you continue to have problems, please tell us the prompt that is being displayed and the level of OS of the device.  I have had issues with some prompts, like phone listeners, on some levels, where I had to put the application into the background to make sure that the prompt was displayed and could be responded to correctly. 

Developer
My Device: 8310 Rogers
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi

Yes, our application runs on the simulator. It also runs when the device security is enabled.

When device security is enabled we get permission prompts like the application is attempting to access the phone information, GPS location information. When we click 'yes', the application runs properly on the simulator.

We do not have the live device to debug.

How do we set breakpoints and set the logging active?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

What JDE level are you using to compile the application?

What OS level is on the device?

If you do not have a device for testing, then this is going to be painful.

You can view the device log using <alt> L G L G. Locate the exception and view the stack trace.