Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blocking screen rotation - 4.6.1 SDK

In answer to a few other questions:

a) It is perfectly possible to distinguish applications on App World and target specific devices.  However what I'm not sure about is the devices that have multiple OS's.  If you put a 4.6 level out and say it is applicable to say the 8520 and the Bold 9000, and you also have a 5.0 level, can you say that it can also go on the Bold 9000 and the 8520, and assume App world will pick the right one?  I suspect the answer is yes, but I have not tried this myself.

b) A quick search using something like "lock orientation" will find appropriate methods for later level OS to lock the orientation. 

My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

thank you

Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: Oi

My intention is upload 2 app versions, 4.6 and 5.0, but any device later 5.0 to dowload 5.0 version, transparently. do you think is possible? I will send this question to alliance team and will post here the answer.
Contributor

invokeLater the method worked almost perfectly. The only problem is that the screen the User can not see is rotated quickly displayed. If not this would be perfect. But anyway, as I do not quite understand the functioning of this method and getEventLock, can you explain to me a little more, if not a lot of my boldness? <<Using google translate..ahahah>>
Contributor

[ Edited ]

this were the best solution to me.... thank you to all for the helps.... 

protected void sublayout(int paramInt1, int paramInt2) {
        String deviceName = DeviceInfo.getDeviceName();

int width = Display.getWidth();
        int height = Display.getHeight();

super.sublayout(paramInt1, paramInt2);

if (width == 480
                && deviceName.equalsIgnoreCase("9800")
                && (UiApplication.getUiApplication().getActiveScreen() == this || UiApplication.getUiApplication().getActiveScreen()
                        .getClass().getName().equalsIgnoreCase("net.rim.device.api.ui.component.Dialog"))) {

UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushModalScreen(new OrientationErrorScreen("Se você já  xxxx, dê uma risadinha!"));
        }

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell, Rogers

If you uploaded an os 4.6 version and os 5.0 version devices with OS5.0 or greater should get the os5.0 vers when installing from app world

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com