Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth GPS JSR179 was working yesterday, now only JSR82 can access it

I've got a Globalsat BT-368i connected to a BB 8100.  I installed my GPS application that uses JSR179 to log GPS and it was working perfectly yesterday.  Now today JSR179 never seems to get a fix.  It is paired properly and I can even use googlemaps (which uses JSR82) to get GPS settings.  I thought it might be my application, but I tried installing the GPS demo which also uses JSR179 and it doesn't work!  I've wasted a couple of hours trying to see if there was something I changed in the BB setup to stop JSR179 from work.  I didn't change my application so I know it isn't that.

Any ideas?  Please help I just told the boss we'd be able to beta next week :-(

Developer

Re: Bluetooth GPS JSR179 was working yesterday, now only JSR82 can access it

You have to be kidding me, I found this post in the old forum http://www.blackberry.com/developers/forum/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=11295&message=45392&q=bluetooth...

I have an 8100 with a BT386i .... and after a long run of GPS hits it can't access the bluetooth GPS with JSR179.  

The only solution I could find was to remove and replace the battery.  You just have to be kidding me.

RIM please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Developer

Re: Bluetooth GPS JSR179 was working yesterday, now only JSR82 can access it

BTW.... I seem to have the latest firmware... 4.2.1.96.   This is a huge issue, RIM please respond.