Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Printing WITHOUT service

This is a question I've had a hard time had answered.

Is there any solution out there that allows a person to print a PDF for example, to a paired bluetooth printer WITHOUT

having to send information to a remote server and having it passed back down? In other words, a printing setup that doesnt need any internet/cellular service whatsoever to work?

Anyone?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bluetooth Printing WITHOUT service

[ Edited ]

Have a look at this printer: 

http://www.blackberrysolutionscatalog.com/includes/pdf_writer.php?spotlight_id=2245

OR

http://www.brother-usa.com/mprint/

Message Edited by MSohm on 08-18-2008 04:04 PM
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Interesting, Thanks Mark.

So I take it when it comes to being able to print directly from your Blackberry to the Printer itself, you are going to run into having to be with a very specific printer that has a very specific custom library written for it?

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I recommend contacting Brother for the specifics on the printer.  They also offer an SDK that allows third party applications to print to the printer.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

We have integrated various printers, including the Brother MW140BT, directly into our BlackBerry applications without passing data to a server.  To a certain extent this works OK, but our experience suggests that the BlackBerry is not really powerful enough, nor is a Bluetooth connection really fast enough to create and print a full page output, integrating pictures, graphics and text.  I suspect, since it would appear that you wish to print PDF documents, that you want the whole package, and I don't think this is available. 

Our applications treat the printers as text printers.  If this is what you want, then you can do it on the BlackBerry, but you will need to create a driver for one particular printer (or one particular class of printers).  As noted above, we do this for a variety of printers, most recently, Bluetooth enabled members of the Zebra mobile printer range.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

a new Bluetooth accessories allows you to print :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&thread.id=4885&jump...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: