Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Books using Blackberry

Hi,

I am searching for a good book on Programming Mobile Devices that uses the Blackberry when illustrating practical examples. There are good ones, but using other platforms such as Symbian.

The book is intended to be used as a text book to learn progrogramming mobile devices concepts.

Does any one know about ( or recommend) one out there?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Books using Blackberry

I don't know how experenced you are but I found "Beginning BlackBerry Development" by Anthony Rizk helpful. In the book they cover BB apps (how they work, types, etc.), threads (event thread, background threads, etc.), UIs, networking, LBS (location based services), storing data (file, PersistantStore), and how to package and publish apps. I don't know if that's the kind of stuff you are looking.

Also a little after it was published, OS 5.0 was released but he talks about a couple 5.0 features but doesn't go in depth because they weren't avalible yet.

There is an advanced one too.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer

Developer
Developer

Thank you

rab

Highlighted
Developer