Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Build project from Command Prompt

Hi,

I am using Blackberry JDE plugin for Eclipse ver 4.5  to create applications. I need to build the project that i created from Command prompt.

Can anyone tell me how i could do this?? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Mark a reply as a solution , if you think your question has been answered.
To mark a message as a solution: Click "Accept as solution" icon on the reply.
Highlighted
Developer

Re: Build project from Command Prompt

I've never used the Eclipse plug-in, but with standard JDE you can do the following:

java -jar "%JDE_HOME%"\bin\IDE.jar -makefile myProject.jdw

nmake -f myProject.mak

If the Eclipse plug-in has the above IDE.jar, you might be able to do the same. Otherwise, just install JDE and use it for building from command-line.

Developer

Hi,

I am using Eclipse for particular reasons. So i am stuck with this. I searched for the IDE.jar that ou mentioned but i dint find any such thing.  I need to do something else i suppose.. If only somecould help..sigh..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Developer

I'm not sure what you mean, you want to import this into ecclipse and it used to be a command line proejct?

That do you mean by that? Can't you just create the ecclipse project from scratch by looking at the existing

scripts/files?

Developer

Ok. Let me give you a more ellaborate version of the question. I have created a project using Eclipse. I will later on be modifying the source file (i.e the . java) file from else where. After i do modify the file , i will need to build it. This i should do from command prompt instead of opening eclipse .. 

Am i clear now  .?? 

Developer

I've made many posts on this general topic but I'm still not sure what you mean. The command line is pretty

liberating so your question is quite open ended, as if asking how to use a computer to build your app as you

now have something closer to full power available as opposed to a tree of options some omniscient person or vendor decided

are all you will ever need. So, I think you can find my or others posts on invoking rapc and the signature tool ( see

your bin dir for tool names ) and fill in the steps with normal tools- I use cygwin so I can use bash for everything.

Further, I've been using various tools for text modification and uploading the cods to server so anyone can test OTA

as soon as build is done etc. Not sure what you want to do.

Developer

Let me be still more specific now.. The code that needs to be build by eclipse needs to be created in Visual studio.. That is as per a specific requirement Visual studio will be made to create java code and put it on to a text file. This text file will be saved as .java . This file is the one that needs to be build. The  application that i am creating needs to use the ksoap2 library. Since all this cannot be done , I was planning to create a blank project with all the necessary references, and was thinking that it was just the matter of replacing the blank .java  source file with the file created by Visual studio. Then all i will need to do wil be to build it. I have absolutely no experience in java development.This is the most detail that i can get to.. Sorry about that. It would be great if you could help me out... 
Developer

that sounds more like an ecclipse issue as you should just be able to import libraries and source the same without

knowing where they came from. That much should interoperate ok.

Developer

Dint get ya..