Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Building files with eclipse

Hi guys, has anyone experienced problems with eclipse building the files?

Here is the scenario: on the computer, running my app in  to the simulator things work correctly, I've also used the debugger to check the flow of the program and it is correct.
But at the point that trying it on the device it is not doing what it is supposed to do.
I'm starting to think that some how eclipse is building the cod files with older source, I tried to disable autobuild and buld manually every time, but that dindn't change the problem
I'm verifiying that I'm loading the correct version on the device changing the version on the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml and then I verify on the device that I'm running on the most recent build.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Building files with eclipse

What problems are you seeing ond evice that make you think you have an old version?

Are you deleting the old version off the device?

Contributor

Hi, I've also tried to manually erase the app before installing the new version but is the same. This could be figured easily debugging on the real device, but some how when debugging on the device, the breakpoints are ignored. Is there any extra tricks for debugging on real device? I know that the debugger is connected because when the app runs on debugging mode I can see on the console the activity that I produce on the device interacting with the device and starting the app manually, the problem is that it doesn't stop at the breakpoints like it does on the simulator. any clues?
Thanks!
Developer

I don't use Eclipse, but on the JDE if the break points are not respected, it means that the versions are different. 

Contributor

Thank you for your advice, I figured that it seemed to be related to the singature tool, I often kill the signing process because many times when signing it just takes for ever and I have to kill the signing process and start over again until the signing servers finally respond within a reasonable time I usually wait 5 minutes. Some times it gets done within 5 minutes but some other times takes for ever, so it has been really hard to debug with all that time being lost.
I had to erase the project and re-create it and then recompile and re-sign. It seems that after re-building everyting now works.
I will try not to kill the signing process anymore, but do you think there is something wrong with my set-up? and that's why it takes so long?

Thanks again!
Highlighted
Developer

Sometimes it will take some time to Sign.  Just so we are talking about the same thing, for me, this is from when you put the code in, then the Signing tool displays a list of cods and some status for each, then this status will change to Signed. 

I usually leave this to finish or time out itself.  I don't kill it unless I figure I need a new build for something I have forgotten.