Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: CDMA Storm - Useless!

I got a response (finally) about the PCM encoding issue. I could really use some votes (or comments) for that support request guys, as it seems they'd rather ignore it. Link again:

Recording problems - https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-698

Thanks for chipping in!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Unfortunately you cannot vote after the issue has been "resolved." I don't really know what to say for a comment other then what you put there.

I would work on a real-time decoder to go from amr/etc. to PCM (that way you can create the player and have it dynamically spit out PCM audio) but I am busy right now (as I stated in another post about running 2 players at the same time which is also not supported on CDMA devices). I like challenges but try not to do too many at the same time.

Well you tried, the only comment I would say about your last post is maybe make a feature request in the documentation section that it state that CDMA does not support PCM. Just a suggestion, Happy coding.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Typically I'd say alright, let's decode to PCM. But the phone can barely keep up with the FFT alone. Making an acurate tuner is computationally expensive, and the phone just doesn't have what it takes to decode and analyze at the same time. Each update on the display would take more than 5 seconds for acceptable precision. It would record about one second of audio and spend the next 4 processing it. Smiley Indifferent

Someday technology will catch up to the requirements. Until then I'll use a purpose built tuner. Or the Java one I implemented as an applet which is the best tuner I've ever seen in my life. ~ 1/1000 of a note accuracy with .5 second updates, automatic chromatic with harmonic rejection. But that's another forum.

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

That sounds like a very efficient tuner. Developers are always pushing the boundaries of what hardware is capable of, otherwise hardware would remain stagnant and nothing would get better.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.